SeaView Modules: Expanded visibility for enhanced transaction latency
Expand the visibility of your trading environment as you enhance transaction latency. The SeaView latency management system makes it possible to cost effectively monitor all transactions on all servers for all users that demand optimum performance of mission critical trading applications.
The SeaView latency management system is made up of these components:
- SeaView/RTM™ (Real-Time Monitor)SeaView/RTM™ (Real-Time Monitor) probes provide source information that is processed by all other components of the SeaView system. Probes passively read network traffic from the wire, decode the network packets, and extract their logical, application, and business messages. SeaNet deploys intelligent software called the RTM Engine within the probe that decodes the packet at line speed 24X7. This pre-processing is one of the advantages of the SeaNet design and provides a very scalable and extremely fast processing tool. This architecture supports capture and processing of over 400,000 messages per second and is in production today.
- SeaView/Matcher™ reads RTM events sent by RTM Probes, assembles messages that make up logical business transactions, and creates records corresponding to complete logical business transactions with the timestamps for each event that made up the transaction. Matcher also summarizes the data in real time based on specified configuration criteria and sends summary and detail data to several other components, including SeaView/Central. It also interfaces with SeaView/ PDB, and/or optionally to PDB/HS for high volume, real time detail data storage and query.
- SeaView/Central™ is the console that controls the RTM probes. It consolidates and stores real-time data from the distributed RTM appliances and performs deterministic correlation and matching. The SeaView State Engines are located in this component.
- SeaView/PDB™ (Performance Data Base) assembles all transaction analysis into a historical repository for detailed historical analysis.
- SeaView PDB/High Speed is an optional component that enables storage of extremely large amounts of detailed transaction data in real-time. The component is based on the use of parallelism, which is specifically designed to load massive amounts of data at high speeds (up to 2GB per minute), query large databases of billions of rows, and respond to such queries in seconds.
- SeaView/VAS™ (Visual Analysis Server) makes real-time and historical data available for OLAP analysis by SeaView/VAC™, as well as the HTML Dashboard.
- SeaView/VAC™ (Visual Analysis Console) makes detailed visualization and multi-dimensional analysis possible on both the real-time monitoring of RTM or the historical data-store of PDB.
Together, these powerful components provide financial services companies with unprecedented performance details for today’s high-volume, high-transaction trading environment.