SeaNet Latency Monitoring Solutions for the Financial Industry
Where financial trading applications are concerned, one millisecond can mean millions – gained or lost. The risk to customers’ portfolios is even greater if system anomalies cause transactions to be delayed, misrouted, or lost.
What’s more, today’s global trading
is a volatile, around-the-clock environment. That’s why IT needs “always on” tools that act as 24/7 sentinels to measure trading latency. Whether your trading venue is domestic or global, SeaNet stands ready to guard against lost transactions and delayed response to your customers because you never know when that anomaly will occur.
Measure and correlate trading latency – and the customer experience
We help financial services companies:
- Define a transaction in a context that's meaningful to your business.
- Gain visibility of full order flow with matching of requests and responses, as well as bids and acknowledgements for all market data.
- Define critical key latency measurements
- Measure every business transaction on every step of its journey – 24/7.
- Present the data to illuminate the anomalies – you can see latency at every step.
- Extensive validation of the data to over 99.99% accuracy.
- Understand the data and act accordingly to solve the problems you can.
SeaNet understands that high-volume, high-frequency trading is the most demanding environment for IP latency. That’s why we designed a highly scalable, client/server based, end-to-end latency solution especially for the financial services industry – exchanges, buy side, and sell side alike – that provides unprecedented insight into the “anatomy of a trade” in real time. As such, it enables more informed business decisions and faster resolution of customer issues by providing:
- Actionable insight for all transactions order entry, proprietary and market data– most importantly one-time anomalies.
- Visibility and correlation of application and network latency in full business context, bridging the gap between network operations and application support teams.
- A superior, more granular approach to latency measurement compared to averages or probability based systems, which hide one-time anomalies and lose accuracy. SeaView achieves 99.99 validated data capture in production.
- An extensible and distributed architecture design that balances processing performance to ramp up easily for smaller contained trading systems to high-volume and multi-tier application workflows across multiple datacenters and geographies.
In addition, SeaView gives IT exceptional flexibility in their tool choices because it supports all market data formats, middleware, and proprietary order execution. Once deployed, SeaView helps IT expedite the analysis of lost or delayed transactions by real time displaying of ticker symbols, price, customer ID, among as many as 20 or more hops or tiers over the life of a transaction.
Learn more about the SeaView latency measurement solution and SeaView modules.